Most of the websites you’ll visit these days have an “about page” that shares some of the basics about the “man behind the curtain.” This site actually has one, too. However, I decided to have a little more fun and add some personality to who I am. So, without any futher delay, I give you the following…
25 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Me
- My favorite band in middle school was “Poison.” Don’t be a hater, now…come on.
- I wish I was a faster reader. Instead, I usually listen to audio books so I can get through them in a decent amount of time.
- My favorite color is blue.
- I paid $400 for my first car – a 1975 Ford Mustang II. I had great plans for that car, but ended up selling it a few years later for a couple hundred less than I paid.
- My middle name is Lynn. I was very self conscious about it as a young man. I’m a little more OK with it now.
- I’m not as excited about Blu-Ray as I thought I would be after getting a player. Maybe 3D will be better…?
- Thanks to my father, I was one of the youngest Eagle Scouts troop 779 ever produced.
- Speaking of scouting, I once fell over 25 feet off our troop made zip line while camping in Colorado and only sprained my ankle. Still had to go to the emergency room 2 hours away for x-rays.
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy are my favorite books and movies. Return of the King is my all time favorite. (Take that, Matrix!)
- I played the trombone in the school band until 10th grade.
- While rehearsing with my rock band in our backyard garage when I was in high school, our drummer threw his sticks at the end of a song and hit a florescent light which immediately shattered producing a very “MTV Video” effect as the glass slowly rained down on us. Too cool.
- My family won $10,000 on America’s Funniest Home Videos for this video. We lost in the $100,000 show to a family from Canada, but I’m not bitter…nope, not one bit.
- At our wedding, a candle on the altar caught fire and my soon to be father-in-law calmly walked up, grabbed the candle and took the flaming thing down the isle to extinguish it. Interesting way to start the union of two people…
- I prefer drinking with a straw.
- I wallpapered my bedroom with posters of rock and roll bands when I was in middle school. I thought I had the coolest room on the planet.
- Watching the sunset on my front patio is one of the best parts of my day.
- I’ve got lots of cool ideas about the future, but have a lot of problems actually putting actions to them.
- I prefer Twizzlers to Red Vines. And black Twizzlers are even better.
- I listen to audio books and podcasts more then I listen to music in my car.
- I taught myself how to play guitar.
- All of our kids’ middle names are family names – Lashley, Elaine, McClain, Thomas, Lynn.
- I began harmonizing with my parents in the car when I was 5 years old. “She’ll Be Comin’ Round The Mountain” never sounded so good!
- I have never, ever liked raw tomatoes, onions or red/green peppers. This has made ordering restaurant salads an adventure.
- The only thing I use cursive for is my signature. And even then, my family teases me that it looks like “Tra Ro…”
- To me, getting my first iPhone was like getting high speed internet or a DVR – once you’ve made the leap you can never go back.
So there you go. There’s a little about me that you probably didn’t know. I’m sure there’s more I could share, but I’m sure you want to go write your own list now, right?